Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Every year on January 1st millions of people set resolutions for the coming 365 (or 366) days. Most people give up after a few months of "Going to the gym 5 times a week", "Having a better attitude at work" or "Learning how to speak Cantonese"

52% of people who set New Year's Resolutions are even confident they will achieve them and a whopping 12% actually acomplish them. Why?.... They fail to tie their resolutions to a measureable results and lay out a plan of action.

If it sounds like I know what I'm talking about I really don't. I've just been reading alot about setting and achieving goals. I've found that for me (every person is different) the best ways to achieve a goal are
  1. Tell as many people about it as I can.
  2. Check in with myself every day to see how I'm doing.

This is why I'm starting this blog. To tell as many people as I can about things I'm going to accomplish in 2011. By the end of the year I may have a few followers but that's not the important thing. I really believe this is what I need to make these things happen.

Confession: Where did I get this idea? I watched a chick flick with the wife.

About a week ago she rented "Julie and Julia" from the redbox. Blek I thought. But I get to spend some time with the wife and next movie choice is mine! It was actually pretty good. The girl Julie starts blogging about cooking all the recipies in a Julia Childs cookbook over the course of a year. Go rent it. I promise you won't loose your balls.

My 4 Goals

  1. Design something every day
  2. Excell in meaningful education
  3. Continuous home improvement
  4. Finish "Top of Utah Marathon"

I will explain more about each goal as I go. I can't promise to post something every day but I will as often as I can. I'm new to the Blog world so I need to figure things out. My wife is a pro so I'll have her show me how to put some of those widget things on that keep stats. If you decide to follow me, thanks. If not, go rent "Julie and Julia"

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Mister! I am proud of you for putting yourself out there and setting some good goals. You can do it! :) Nice blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Brandon, I think this is the gr8est to write down goals & tell friends & family about them for u to definitely have confident in your self that u can do things in life what you want to get done... Good job in ur blog post & ur goals u have for this year 2011... Marissa(Bowler) Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want you can practice your home improvements goal at my house. I am not far.

    ReplyDelete