Thursday, January 20, 2011

Goals 1,2,3 & 4 - M.I.A.

This last week has been an interesting one. I haven’t really felt like writing. I love writing so that’s an indication of how things have gone.

Last Saturday I did my first 5 mile run. It took me 48 minutes (2 minutes quicker than my goal). I felt great. I haven’t run since. On Sunday the surgery site on my left side became really tender and painful. It was getting red and swollen. Long story short…. I didn’t do my Monday morning run which made me groggy and grumpy. Withdrawal ? I was able to get in to see the doctor on Tuesday . He reprimanded me for running and said it had caused some damage. His assistant removed the stitches , put on some tape to keep things together and told me to not run for 2 weeks. 2 weeks?

It’s strange how when one area of life is out of balance other areas get shaken up as well. I forgot that students can get free 2 day shipping from Amazon. I’ve been waiting for my textbooks for weeks. I haven’t designed anything or done any improvement projects that are really worthy to share here. A bit of a rut I guess.

I was able to go to the other anthropology class. I could tell it was going to be a better match before the instructor said a word. She had some aboriginal music playing as students filed in. She has a very flexible and dynamic teaching style and I was able to keep my ADD mind focused the entire 2 hours and 45 minutes.

I’m slowly recovering from the funk and hope to be back to myself for the weekend. My wife deserves her real husband back. And I’ll get back on track with things here and maybe respond to a few of your comments.

Oh, I almost forgot. Even though this blog is mostly for myself I want it to be interesting to whoever decides to tune in. Is it boring? Anything specific I should write about? What else? I’ve already been asked to post more pictures of things I write about which I promise to do.

Thanks

2 comments:

  1. not at all boring! and like you said, this is for you - so you need to keep it geared towards your goals and feeling about those goals.
    i just think it's interesting reading a blog from a man's point of view. i love how much you adore your sweet wife and kiddos.
    i read a lot of blogs about the wife loving their children and husband, but it's nice to hear it go both ways.
    but i am curious what you have decided on the laundry room/work space?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to have the "command center" up and running within a couple weeks. I've had to deal with some things for school but here in a bit I will be able to focus some attention to this.

    I do love my wife and kids. They are the reasons I do everything I do. In a way, each of my 4 goals is for them. I want to become a better husband and father every day. In order to do that I need to simplify my life every chance I get. I think Ali is starting to understand why I do some of the crazy things I do and that they aren't complete lunacy.

    ReplyDelete