Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goal 4 - Countdown to Destruction

A couple days ago I put together my marathon training schedule. I based it on a couple different training schedules I found online. I’ve included the following

Current Date
Countdown to Race
Distance Goal
Distance Actual
Time Goal
Time Actual
Minute Mile

I may also add information about weight, blood pressure, heartrate, caloric intake….. We’ll see.
I will be running on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and have my long runs on Saturdays.
Today my goal was to run a 35 minute 4 mile. I beat that by 1 minute! I have a long way to go before I’m ready to go for the 26.2 mile run but 4 miles felt great. I think I’m going to be able to bounce back from this surgery a lot quicker than I had hoped. I have a 3 mile run tomorrow and a 5 mile on Saturday. That will be the longest run I’ve done in years!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mister! I can run 2 miles in 35 minutes. ;) Ha ha I am a slow poke, I need to get my butt moving!

    ReplyDelete