Monday, January 3, 2011

Goal 1 - Design Something Every Day

Next in line to my wife and kids is my passion for design. For as long as I can remember I have been designing. I would guess I was 6 or 7 the first time I measured every wall of my childhood home and drew up the floor plans. When we built forts in the field behind our house, I was the strange kid who insisted that we had to add a window or porch.

You are going to hear mostly about home design. All other types of design I will talk about are things I have become passionate about through designing homes. Graphic design, logo design, product design, furniture / woodwork design to name a few.
There is a strong correlation between this goal and my goal “Continuous Home Improvement”. Many of the improvements I’m planning on making will require design so some of posts will combine these goals.

1 comment:

  1. i am SO excited about this. i love to design and i love to hear what others come up with too.
    Sorry to say - i am probably going to be a blog stalker. i'll add my name to your "followers" list just so i don't feel like a totaly dork.

    ReplyDelete